How do you repair visibly aging skin? Here are some tips.
● Coarse skin. Lightly exfoliating the skin once a month can be beneficial. Simply use a washcloth and rub your skin gently. Tretinoin also exfoliates the skin, along with alpha-hydroxy-acids or AHAs (like glycolic acid and lactic acid) and beta-hydroxy-acids or BHAs (salicylic acid).
● Sun spots. Brown spots on the skin often come out as we grow older. Aside from preventing any further darkening by avoiding UV exposure, medical treatment is needed for this problem. A regimen with tretinoin, bleaching compounds, antioxidants, and sunblock also helps.
● Wrinkles. Fine lines can be prevented by using moisturizers since dry skin usually has a wrinkled, coarse appearance. Tretinoin and other retinoids along with AHAs and BHAs can also prevent fine lines.
● Sagging skin. Skin sags as we age because of gravity. Exercises to strengthen the underlying facial muscles may help, as well as massaging the skin in an upward motion when washing the face or applying for medicines.
For more visible improvements, a visit to your dermatologist is highly recommended. Here, some skin uplifting procedures:
● Fractionated skin rejuvenation/sublative skin rejuvenation. The procedure channels energy under the skin and stimulates the growth of new collagen to make the skin firmer.
● Radiofrequency treatments. The intense heat and energy also stimulate collagen formation. The effect, however, is as good as the machine being used, so be wary of very inexpensive deals and make sure the device being used is a medical device.
There are a thousand and one ways to delay aging, but nothing beats a healthy lifestyle, with everything in moderation. Exercise, a healthy diet, a happy outlook, and a life well-lived are sure to make you as young-looking as ever.