A few weeks ago I saw my female friend grab a tube of this product and apply it evenly on her face – just the way you would put on moisturizer or sunblock – and I thought it made her face look fresh, moisturized and even-toned. I asked her if it was a new liquid foundation brand, but she said it’s more than just that – it was BB Cream!
What is BB Cream?
BB stands for“blemish balm”or “beauty balm”, and is a revolutionary tinted moisturizer that combines sun protection, pimple-prevention, blemish treatment, imperfection coverage, make-up primer, anti-aging, skin soothing and even skin whitening properties. With just one application, you instantly have porcelain-smooth, shine-free skin.
What’s in a tube?
Many BB creams promise to do the job of 5, 6, even 7 other tubes and jars you have in your make-up drawer. Here are the major effects of using BB cream:
1) Sun protection – Most BB creams are developed with a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher to prevent premature aging due to the sun’s harmful UV rays. SPF 30 is the recommended sun protection factor by the American Academy of Dermatology. BB creams also contain titanium oxide or zinc oxide, which are physical sunblocks with built-in water-resistant properties.
2) Prevents premature aging – BB creams contain peptides and antioxidants like vitamins A, C and E that literally remove potentially damaging oxidizing agents from your cells. If your cells are maintained, the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin can be avoided.
3) Moisturizer– BB creams contain moisture lockers like hyaluronic acid and glycerin. Well moisturized skin looks supple and young.
4) Evens out skin tone – Most beauty balms contain ingredients like arbutin and licorice that help even out skin tone.
5) Soothes skin – because of its Silicone-based ingredients like dimethicone, BB creams can act much like a foundation primer and soothe skin instantly. Its light-reflecting mica also gives the skin a luminous finish.
How to apply BB Cream
This is my favorite part about using BB cream – its as easy as 1-2-3
1) squeeze out a pea-sized amount of BB cream into your finger
2) dab the cream into key areas of your face: under your eyes, cheeks, forehead, and chin.
3) Spread the cream with your fingers, making sure that the cream is evenly distributed into your whole face. Some women prefer to also spread a little cream onto their necks to avoid an obviously “made up” face.
And that’s it! You can now leave your home looking flawless! Many girls actually prefer the natural look and leave home with nothing on but a layer of BB cream on their faces.
BB creams can actually make your lives much easier as the cream can serve as a primer and concealer all in one. You’ll notice that with BB cream, you no longer need to put heavy concealer and foundation that feels like you’re already wearing a mask. BB creams gives you the same porcelain skin with just the application of a light layer.
I’m definitely replacing my traditional face powder with a BB cream as soon as I get hold of one!