Each day we are bombarded with advertisements telling us that we can look better and sexier than the faces and figures we see on billboards, in the newspaper ads, in magazines, in the MRT stations, parking buildings… just about anywhere. Hence, the awareness for cosmetic enhancement has pervaded our Filipino consciousness these past years.
Who hasn’t looked in a mirror and noticed one or a few flaws on one’s face and body? And because it seems that everybody knows somebody who had a thing or two done, the idea of getting something done for yourself may have crossed your mind.
But are you truly ready to undergo a cosmetic surgery? Here’s a quick test to rate yourself if you are a good candidate for a cosmetic procedure:
1. I am choosing to enhance my appearance because I want to, not because someone is influencing, pressuring, or forcing me.
2. I am realistic about my expectations. I still want to look like and be myself, nothing extreme.
3. I understand that cosmetic procedures can improve my appearance but not change my life.
4. I accept that there are potential risks involved and the outcome might not be what I want, and that the final result will be permanent.
5. I am stable emotionally and have no mental health conditions, nor do I have any serious physical and health problems.
6. I can afford the cost of the surgery and I can afford not working while I am recovering.
So how did you do? If you answered “yes” to all the statements above, then you are ready physically, emotionally, and financially to undergo cosmetic surgery.